926 Village Rd., Smithfield, Maine 04978
Phone: (207) 362-4223 Fax: (207) 362-5650
Deputy Clerk: Meredyth Tuttle
The Town Clerk’s hours of operation are Monday’s 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., Wednesday from 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m and Wednesday Eve. 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
The mission of the Town Clerk’s Office is to accurately maintain all Town records including vital statistics conduct elections with professionalism in accordance with State Law, issue State and Town licenses and provides information to both Town Officials and the general public.
The Office of the Town Clerk conducts the following activities:
- Coordinates & supervises elections for the Town
- Administers absentee voting
- Serves as Voter Registrar
- Records & maintains Vital Statistics Records (births, deaths & marriages)
- Issues marriage licenses
- Issues dog licenses
- Provides genealogy searches