Phone: (207) 314-6403
926 Village Road, Smithfield, Maine 04978
The Town of Smithfield does not have a public works department. The town contracts out all winter plowing and sanding for town-owned roads.
The current contract holders for the town are:
- Joe Lewandowski has the contract for plowing and sanding of all town-owned roads.
- Furbush Plowing and Sanding contract for plowing and sanding of the Municipal Building.
- Furbush Lawn Care contract for municipal mowing/bush hogging.
The Town of Smithfield has a contract with Waste Management Disposal Services of Maine, Inc., for back gate services located on the Airport Road in Norridgewock. Residents can obtain a disposal sticker from the tax collector when registering their vehicle and non-resident property owners can obtain a sticker from the town office from the Administrative Assistant.
Waste Management Hours:
Wednesday–Friday: 9:30 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
Saturday: 8:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
Phone: (207) 634-2714
Residents may also choose to hire a private garbage hauler.
Some private haulers are:
- Gregory’s Disposal, (207) 465-4500
- Pine Tree Waste, (207) 873-5664
- CMD/MC Disposal, (207) 872-8257
- Landry’s Rubbish Removal, (207) 453-2469
- Bolster’s Rubbish Removal, (207) 487-5048
(This information is provided as a courtesy. The Town of Smithfield does not endorse any of the private haulers.)